Position Title: Real Estate Manager
Hourly Wage: $60,000-$65,000
The primary purpose of this position is to manage all operational aspects of acquisition for HACP and affiliated entities and to coordinate and manage the start-up activities of independent real estate holdings and management companies. In this role, the incumbent will also provide clerical and administrative support to the Asset Management Department. The incumbent will focus on communicating with clients and assembling and maintaining departmental and entity documents and records.
All activities must support the Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh (“HACP” or “Authority”) mission, strategic goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Requires strong verbal and written communication skills; Self-initiator, with the ability to problem solve. Also requires the ability to maintain an approachable, friendly demeanor and work with competing priorities and demands.
• Must be organized and task oriented, able to work in a fast- paced, team-oriented environment with multiple deadlines, and adapt readily to changing priorities.
• Ability to draft and write detailed notes, communications to tenants, vendors, and contracted firms to prepare reports and presentations, technical information in a clear and concise manner.
• Coordinate, contract with and manage consultants as necessary for due diligence activities.
• Serve as liaison between all departments, coordinating consensus and execution of required documents
• Detail oriented with the ability to convey information orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
• Requires excellent people skills and the ability to build and maintain positive, supportive working relationships.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively, flexibly, and responsively with the ability to work with diverse work styles.
• Maintains knowledge of key clients and contacts;
• Sets up and maintains files, materials, information, schedules and related data.
• Assists with obtaining bids for additional work from outside contractors; when a third party vendor is required
• Maintains Property Management files, reports and related communications
• Maintains organizational files of various related entities including meeting minutes, board actions, and related documentation
• Researches and provides information materials, such as electronic data for projects and special assignments.
• Maintains calendars, contact databases, and appointments
• Sets up and arranges meetings, facilities and accommodations as required.
• Writes and prepares letters, memos, e-mails, and reports in draft and final form.
• Proofreads and edits materials to ensure high quality communications.
• Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, public administration, real estate, or related field and a minimum of 3–5 years’ experience in real estate and, with an understanding of operational aspects of acquisition as it relates to real estate and real estate holdings. A paralegal certification is preferred. Asset and Property management is a plus. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Must possess a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license and be insurable under the Authority’s plan. Must be or become a resident of the City of Pittsburgh.
To perform this job successfully, the employee should have strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Goggle Doc). Must have the ability to learn other computer software programs as required by assigned tasks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those they must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, use hands to type data, operate business machines, dial the telephone and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move 5-10 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15lb Specific visions abilities required for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CITY OF PITTSBURGH RESIDENCY REQUIRED
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER