We are looking for a Senior Property Manager for the National Science Foundation. Top candidates will have a minimum of 2 years GSA tenancy experience to join our team! This position will work with support from other members of the property management team, provide operational and fiscal management of the property in accordance with owner requirements and as outlined in the Property Management Agreement while complying with established Company objectives and applicable law. Must have a minimum of two years of experience as primary contact for significant GSA tenancies in excess of 100,000 sf.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Be thoroughly knowledgeable of Lowe Enterprises’ and USAA Real Estate Company’s policies, procedures and programs that may affect day-to-day operations and communicate these issues to on-site staff to ensure quality standards are achieved.
With support from other members of the property management team, develop and implement operational plans and action plans that will achieve or surpass cash flow objectives and maximize the asset value of each property while complying with established Company and Client/Owner objectives, lease requirements and applicable law.
Ensure that property is maintained in a first class condition. Perform weekly (or as otherwise needed) inspections of building operations – identifying areas requiring attention, following up on maintenance or capital improvement projects and ensuring satisfactory function and appearance of the property.
Provide construction management services for tenant improvement and capital projects as assigned with support from Lowe Construction Management team.
Lead by example. Create a positive environment, embracing the company’s Mission Statement.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
Review and monitor service requests to ensure prompt and accurate handling of work. Ensure cleaning, security and engineering performance is in accordance with Company policy and procedures and lease and contract requirements.
- Purchase supplies, materials, services and equipment pursuant to approved budget. Monitor access control and parking operations (if applicable) and maintain records.
- Develop and/or maintain/update as necessary, property site rules and regulations, building standards, tenant handbook, security procedures and emergency preparedness programs.
- Responsible for annual review of all contracts and bidding in accordance with Client and lease requirements.
- Responsible for contracting of all vendor services in accordance with Company policies and guidelines.
- Supervise the building staff (including janitorial, engineering and security staff), coordinate and review performance of contractors and vendors and provide evaluations and reports. Supervise the administration of service and supply contracts to ensure full compliance and cost control as well as accurate and timely invoicing.
- Prepare annual Operating Budget in Yardi ABF format and any assigned sections of the annual Business Plan in accordance with published timelines and deadlines.
- Successfully implement the business plan including operational/client goals, budgets and cash flow objectives.
- Prepare and/or review monthly/quarterly operating reports for the property including monthly cash flow requirements and cash flow reforecast, financial statements, variance explanations, rent roll, accounts receivable, fee schedules and capital expenditure schedules.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly operating expense and capital reforecast in Yardi ABF (or other assigned accounting software); present to Client.
- Prepare annual operating expense tenant estimate billing and reconciliation in Yardi ABF (or other assigned accounting software) in accordance with company and lease procedures/timelines.
- Calculate, bill and collect annual RE tax and CPI billing to US Government Tenant.
- Monitor all receivables to ensure prompt collection of outstanding amounts in accordance with company requirements/guidelines. Ensure that all payments have been appropriately applied.
- Review vendor invoices (including account coding) and monitor payment of same.
- Establish and maintain excellent tenant relations through development and implementation of a comprehensive customer service program including but not limited to, personal contact with tenants, resolving issues in a service-oriented manner and overseeing activities to promote tenant satisfaction.
- In rotation with other members of the property management team, respond via telephone or, if necessary, in person to after-hours emergencies. Retain ultimate responsibility for the successful and timely resolution of all after-hours emergencies.
- Ensure tenant adherence to lease requirements and property rules and regulations.
- Monitor all service, maintenance and construction contracts, reporting on incomplete projects with respect to outstanding bills, backorder items, lien waivers, as-builts, revised completion timing, etc.
- With support from Lowe construction management team, contract/coordinate/oversee tenant improvements, major R&M work and capital improvement plans, bids, contracts and work.
- Monitor tenant and vendor insurance compliance in accordance with Company and Client guidelines/requirements; enter and maintain COI information in Yardi system.
- Respond in timely fashion to Client inquiries/requests.
- Work/interact with project leasing team as required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; coaching and appraising performance, providing feedback, evaluation and recommendations, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organizational policies and applicable laws.