Under the direct supervision of the President and in conjunction with the leadership team, assists in ensuring that Tomlinson and Associates, Inc provides high quality compliance and management to its customers and residents.
The position will ensure that leasing and occupancy procedures are carried out in conformity with local, state, federal, lender, investor and regulatory requirements. Provides direct supervision to the compliance specialists and takes a leadership role in the formulation of compliance procedures and oversees adherence to them.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of affordable housing regulations and acts as a resource to all staff on compliance matters.
- Stays abreast of legislation, regulations and issues that may impact property management operations; interfaces with government regulatory agencies as management agent and ensures regulatory compliance; maintains effective working relationships with representatives of city, state and federal agencies, industry peers; and others involved with government. Disseminates relevant information, as appropriate to executives, owners, clients and property management staff.
- Assists in developing policies, procedures and monitoring systems for affordable housing compliance.
- Monitors, assists, and makes recommendations to improve property operations compliance.
- Assists in the update, revision, and/or development of forms, reports, and manuals relating to property management compliance issues. Ensures implementation, and monitors progress as appropriate.
- Provides leadership in the development of property goals related to the compliance measures.
- Oversees the completion of regular file audit inspections.
- Works with the compliance department staff to ensure annual recertification’s are completed on schedule.
- Assists in the development and implementation of property management compliance training programs.
- Attends all HUD industry meetings and other regulatory agency meetings as required and appropriate.
- Serves as the 504 Coordinator and manages the processing and approvals of reasonable accommodations and modifications.
- Effectively leads and works in a collaborative manner with different individuals and departments to include Property Management, Accounting, Real Estate Development, and Human Resources.
- Develops, maintains and enforces Affordable Fair Housing Marketing Plans and program based lease requirements.
- Processes all HUD/Section 8 contract renewals and budget based increases.
- Facilitate and process all annual reporting required by government agencies and public housing authorities.