Candidate Must Be Able To Work Evenings & Weekends -Must be Bi-lingual Spanish Speaking
TITLE: Residential Living Assistant: Full-time (35+ hours per week - evenings/weekend shift)
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt - Salaried
REPORTS TO: Site Coordinator
FUNCTION: The Residential Living Assistant will be responsible for the facilitation of program and property management during evening/weekends depending upon the schedule. The Residential Living Assistant is also responsible for staffing the crisis line, and providing support to both call in clients and residents of the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Facilitate management of the 24-hour crisis line this includes providing information, referral, counseling, intake and other supportive services.
• Facilitate crisis intervention to ensure the safety and well-being of residents.
• Document services and support provided through information/referral, telephone crisis line, counseling, etc.
• Facilitate safety of residents by doing periodic unit, floor and door checks.
• Provide crisis intervention when needed.
• Provide minimally 10 hours of individual client assistance per month, and minimally 40 hours of group/milieu service hours per month.
• Complete room or unit preparation for incoming clients may include; washing linen, and preparing care packages.
• Responsible for the inventory of food, clothing and household donations.
• Responsible for the distribution and tracking of food, clothing and household donations.
• May assist in meal preparation, including monitoring supplies from storage area.
• Assist clients in the exiting process including helping pack belongings and completing necessary paperwork.
• Attend staff meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
MARGINAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in picking up and distribution of donations.
• Assist in the up-keep (cleaning) of office/building space(s).
• Provide assistance with transportation to scheduled appointments.
• Assist in other programs both inter-agency as well as inter-program.
• Provide initial intake and orientation to new/incoming clients.
Education & Experience:
Minimum High School or GED equivalency.
Minimum of 1 year experience working in a related residential setting.
Must have 40-hour domestic violence training (within 3 months of hire date).
Must be CPR/first aid certified (within 1 year of hire date).
Must be able to walk up stairs.
Internal Number: 64086
About Family Rescue
Since 1981, Family Rescue has been passionately and proactively dedicated to eliminating domestic violence in the Chicago community. Family Rescue empowers women and their families to become self-sufficient and lead abuse-free lives.
Family Rescue is dedicated to eliminating domestic violence in the Chicago community by providing comprehensive support services and shelter to victims of domestic violence, particularly abused women and their children; engaging in advocacy to promote future system change; and encouraging prevention through community education.
Throughout its 30 plus years of service Family Rescue has opened four programs: the Rosenthal Family Lodge – our emergency shelter and 24-hour crisis line; Community Outreach Program - non residential counseling and violence prevention education; Court Advocacy Program - legal advocacy and crisis intervention; and Ridgeland Apartments & Daycare Program – supportive housing and child care. In 2010 Family Rescue provided supportive services to 1,916 survivors. Family Rescue serves victims of domestic violence across Metropolitan Chicago, although most of the victims served live within the city pr...oper.
Family Rescue provides comprehensive services to survivors of domestic violence using a three pronged approach: prevention through early education and outreach; intervention through direct client services such as crisis intervention, enhanced children’s programming, counseling, legal advocacy, emergency shelter, financial literacy and safe housing; and infrastructure strengthening through systemic advocacy to address changes that will enhance the systems families impacted by domestic violence access for safety.
Family Rescue is unique in several ways: we are the only single purpose domestic violence agency on the south side of Chicago; we are one of only two domestic violence agencies in Chicago to allow mothers with teen boys into our shelter to avoid causing more trauma to the mother and children; and we are the only domestic violence agency in Chicago with a presence in both criminal and civil court, AND the Chicago Police Department. The families that Family Rescue serves often need a myriad of services and we have built strong relationships with community partners to be able to provide for their needs in the best possible way.
BACK TO TOP
IREM Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else IREM Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at IREM Career Center.