SpiriTrust Lutheran is hiring a Corporate Director of Facilities Management & Construction
Responsible for consulting with individuals regarding facilities management and construction; providing oversight of construction projects; serving as staff liaison with select Board of Directors committees/subcommittees; achieving goals as established in the Agency’s annual operating plan; coordinating work within the department, as well as with other departments; reporting pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responding to inquiries or requests for information.
· Supports the mission and values of SpiriTrust Lutheran witnessing to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, provides exceptional health, human, and senior living services by supporting persons in achieving an optimal quality of life.
· Interacts with residents, clients, staff, and the general public in ways that demonstrate the agency’s commitment to courtesy, service, and hospitality befitting a church related organization.
· Consults with individuals regarding property management and construction as illustrated by the following:
· Consults with Vice President of Senior Living, community executive directors, and directors of buildings and grounds on repairs, replacements, preventative maintenance, and improvements
· Consults with directors of building and grounds to develop annual capital budgets.
· Consults with community executive directors and directors of buildings and grounds to ensure their centers comply with all government Life Safety regulations.
· Works with appropriate staff to ensure a safe work environment.
· Assists in determining capital budget for Heusner Office Center.
· Provides oversight for the planning and implementation of major renovation and new construction projects throughout the Agency as follows:
· Evaluates land for possible expansion or development.
· Works with consultants and/or engineers in master plan development and site engineering.
· Acts as liaison with various governmental entities.
· Provides oversight of construction projects.
· Assists in preparation and monitors construction budgets for all major projects.
· Provides guidance to directors of building and grounds and functions as a resource to them
· Serves as a resource to SpiriTrust Lutheran staff on OSHA regulations relating to safety; serves as a member of the Safety Committee.
· Serves as staff liaison with select Board of Directors committees/subcommittees.
· Interacts with all colleagues in ways that assist one another in the successful performance of their duties.
· Creates an atmosphere that promotes a positive and respectful work environment.
· Accurately records days worked or not worked.
· Coordinates specific work tasks with other staff within the department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
· Abides by the current laws and organizational standards and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of sexual harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
· Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all Agency standards, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and compliance with all regulatory requirements, i.e., HIPAA, OSHA, etc.
· Abides by and supports the organization’s code of conduct by exhibiting behavior that is set forth in the code of conduct. Performs duties in accordance with the code of conduct and completes annual compliance training.
· Reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor as requested, or according to an established schedule; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate personnel
· Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from customers, other staff, etc., within given time frames and within established policy.
Education/Training: B.S. or B.A. degree in construction management or related field of study normally required.
Skill(s):Speaks and understands English; proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; functional computer skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communication skills; extensive knowledge relating to maintenance and construction; valid driver's license.
Experience: A minimum of five (5) years' experience in related positions required.
Internal Number: 5580
About SpiriTrust Lutheran
Our MISSION inspires us. Our HERITAGE guides us.
SpiriTrust Lutheran® delivers an array of programs and services that touch thousands of lives each day. Our service footprint has grown well beyond our humble beginnings when Sister Charlotte Weissgerber, a prominent social worker from Philadelphia, came to York in 1951 as the first executive director of Lutheran Welfare Services.
We have always played an important role in providing compassionate care and support to those we serve in our communities to ensure their well-being and help them achieve an optimal quality of life. As needs grew and shifted, we opened new programs, expanded our territory and partnered with others to offer a variety of care options in multiple settings.
Our name, SpiriTrust Lutheran, captures the essence of who we are and the care and compassion our amazing team delivers. It embraces our Lutheran heritage, our spirit of service, and the reality that people come to us because of their trust in us.
Today, we provide residential living, assisted living, personal care, memory support and nursing and rehabilitation services in six senior living communities; home care, in-home support and hospice ser...vices; an innovative program for clinically frail adults aged 55 and older in need of nursing home level-of-care; counseling services; financial education and coaching; domestic abuse solutions; services for the deaf and hard of hearing; volunteer income tax assistance; and an array of volunteer programs.
Annually, we serve more than 21,000 people in 20 counties in Pennsylvania and three in northern Maryland. We look forward to the future as we continually strive to make a meaningful difference in the lives of those we serve each day.