Department: Tippie College of Business - Des Moines
University Title: Academic or Clinical Program Management Coordinator/Manager
Job Code: PCC3
Pay Level: 5A
Percent of Time: 100
Staff Type: Professional & Scientific
Type of Position: Regular
The Tippie College of Business seeks a Director for the Des Moines Graduate Management Programs (GMP). This position is responsible for providing oversight, coordination and programmatic leadership to ensure the efficient operation of student services for the Tippie College of Business Graduate Management Programs in Des Moines. The Graduate Management Programs supports the professional growth of over 600 fully employed professionals in Des Moines each semester who are seeking graduate degrees and certificates.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Creating a student experience for GMP students (Professional MBA, Business Analytics, and Professional Certificates) that supports educational and professional development metrics and meets GMP objectives.
* Creating and implementing a plan to ensure student enrollment, engagement and retention.
* Managing the Des Moines site student services functions including academic advising, student professional development, communication flow, and social engagement activities.
* Overseeing the Des Moines on-site student support services.
* Coordinate and collaborate with GMP staff to create and implement a developmental and successful experience for the Des Moines students.
* Conducting alumni, community and corporate development and relationship management with regional employers and professional networks.
* Budgeting oversight and management for the site.
* Supervising the Des Moines Assistant Director and evening staff (part-time), including interviewing, hiring, training, and scheduling.
The position is based in Des Moines with 20% time in Iowa City expected in most weeks. Given that classes run evenings and occasional weekends, a flexible schedule and some evening and weekend hours spent onsite is required.
As a key member of the team that supports the development and success of GMP students who are seeking graduate degrees and certificates, the Director plays a critical role in every student's experience and supports the team's culture of optimism, collaboration, proactive problem solving, and stellar service to our students. The Director works collaboratively with multiple constituents within the Tippie College of Business including staff from other MBA and master's programs, faculty, departmental executive officers, and other business units.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY (KARS)
Academic Program Management
* Design, develop, implement, and oversee the annual Student Experience and Site Plan, which includes student activities, advising sessions, community engagement opportunities, and other experiences that add to the professional and educational development for GMP students who are seeking graduate degrees and certificates.
* Conduct ongoing program needs assessments, evaluations and student surveys targeted for each program, as appropriate.
* Manage the professional development experiences for on-site programming that happens outside of the classes, including determining interest areas, securing speakers, executing events, and soliciting student feedback.
* Oversee the Des Moines GMP Student Association/Advisory Board that is managed by the Assistant Director of Des Moines Graduate Management Programs.
* Collaborate with GMP Career Management staff to offer activities that assist students with their career development.
Admit and Retain Prospective and Current Students
* Serve on the admissions committee, assist with application review and provide input on admission decisions.
* Create and execute a plan of targeted interactions to ensure strong retention of GMP students who are seeking graduate degrees and certificates.
* Advise current and prospective GMP students who are seeking graduate degrees and certificates regarding admission, registration, course selection, individualized plans of study, and graduation requirements.
* Provide accurate and current curricular information to students pursuing GMP graduate degrees and certificates, and document the communication in the student records.
* Oversee the current student advising conducted by the Assistant Director of Des Moines MBA Programs.
Enrollment and Course Management
* Recommend the courses needed annually to support skill development in areas desired by the Des Moines students. Develop a desired schedule of courses in conjunction with the Graduate Management Programs Assistant Deans and Faculty Directors.
* Analyze course enrollment reports. Develop, maintain, and monitor reports to support the Des Moines site program goals.
Corporate Development and Partner Engagement
* Develop and maintain relationships with the business community and other key stakeholders and partners in Central Iowa.
* Manage relationships with alumni.
* Engage with other leaders of University of Iowa educational programming in Des Moines.
Site Management for PMBA and Part-time Business Analytics Programs
* Provide operational supervision and coordination of services at the Des Moines campus.
* Hire, train, schedule and manage the performance of support staff.
* Advise STEAD staff and property manager.
* Orient new faculty to the site.
Budget Oversight and Management
* Develop the Des Moines site budget to align with program goals.
* Administer the program budget and monitor expenditures.
Communicating for Effective Relationships and Committee Participation
* Serve as a key member of the cohesive Graduate Management Programs team.
* Provide a customer-first orientation, with a can-do attitude and quick problem resolution.
* Manage and/or support special projects as assigned.
* Serve on Graduate Management Programs, Tippie College, and/or University committees as assigned.
The Des Moines Director for Graduate Management Programs supervises the Assistant Director for Des Moines Graduate Management Programs. Administrative and functional supervision is exercised over Des Moines Site Services Coordinators who work in the Des Moines facility. This position also serves as functional supervisor for the IT Support Analyst who works in Des Moines, in conjunction with the staff from Stead Technology Services and University of Iowa Technology Services.
Please attach a resume and cover letter that clearly indicates how you meet the qualifications listed. Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended. For questions, additional information and/or a complete job description, please contact Nancy Kroeze at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is an expectation that the person in this position will maintain effective, civil, and respectful working relationships with the University of Iowa campus community and uphold a high standard of cultural competency and respect for difference that represents the Tippie College of Business' commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Successful candidates will be subject to a credential and criminal background check.
Please note regarding references: Five professional references will be requested and required at a later step in the recruitment process.
* Master's degree in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
* Typically a minimum of three years of experience in managing and monitoring programs.
* Expert knowledge of and ability to communicate effectively with individuals and large groups both verbally and in writing.
* Demonstrated constructive and collaborative relationship building skills with a variety of individuals and groups, including direct reports, peers, leadership, and external constituents.
* Working knowledge of planning and managing budgets.
* Demonstrated leadership skills including motivation, supervision, delegation, planning, assessment, and the ability to train and manage staff.
* Practical application and experience with spreadsheet, word processing, and database software as well as other applications required for data organization and analysis.
* Work experience that demonstrates ability in performing detailed documentation, prioritizing multiple tasks, and meeting deadlines.
* Valid driver's license and ability to meet and maintain UI Fleet Safety driving requirements.
* Demonstrated ability to interact positively with a diverse population.
* Experience in higher education program management or comparable industry.
* Typically two or more years of experience in higher education academic advising or similar advising role, such as admissions counseling, career advising, or study abroad advising with demonstrated ability to counsel and guide students toward academic success and graduation.
* Familiarity with the Des Moines business community.
* Demonstrated experience engaging in business development opportunities with corporate clients.
* Understanding of student retention issues.
* Working knowledge of customer relationship management systems, such Salesforce, and presentation software.
* Knowledge of University of Iowa policies and procedures.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Internal Number: 19001918_1554834538
About University of Iowa
With over 31,000 students, the University of Iowa is one of the nation's top public research universities, a member of the Big Ten conference and the Association of American Universities. The University of Iowa is composed of eleven colleges and is known around the world for its balanced commitment to the arts, sciences, and humanities. It is home to one of the nation's largest academic medical centers and the pioneering Iowa Writers' Workshop. The University of Iowa promotes work/life integration and is located in the casual yet cosmopolitan environment of Iowa City, widely recognized as one of the country's most livable communities.
BACK TO TOP
IREM Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else IREM has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at IREM Career Center.