Asset/Property Management, Asset/Property Management: Multifamily, Low Income Housing Tax Credit
Housing Catalyst Career Opportunity
Housing Catalyst is a mission-driven community developer at the leading edge of affordable housing. We forge public-private partnerships to build healthy communities built on pride and belonging. Actively moving the region forward, we’re reinventing how people access, experience, and perceive affordable housing. Housing Catalyst owns and operates over 1,100 affordable rentals, housing assistance for more than 1,200 families, and is a leader in strong programs for housing stability and self-sufficiency.
Housing Catalyst transforms neighborhoods while providing stable homes for families. We know that building a better life and pursuing opportunity begins with having a place to live. Housing Catalyst strives to help people live in Fort Collins regardless of their income level. We provide the critical tools families need and serve as an anchor for people whose lives need stability and support.
Summary of Role
The director is responsible for the overall optimal operation of Housing Catalyst properties. Oversee property management functions to ensure properties operate at or above projected standards in financial performance, compliance, maintenance, and “good neighbor” practices. Provide data to investors, lenders, and regulatory agencies. Manage a highly competent multidisciplinary team of 25 staff with broad responsibilities in long-term asset management, property management, and maintenance.
As part of the senior management team, this role is integral in modeling integrity, adaptability, and leadership working in the public and affordable housing community. The annual hiring salary range is $105,00 through $132,000, comprehensive benefits, and optional relocation package.
Example of Job Duties:
- Plan, develop, and execute goals and objectives through the entire life cycle of the properties, from construction completion through disposition to maximize property asset performance.
- Direct property management in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, policies, procedures, and practices, and ensure adherence with all compliance agreements and Housing Catalyst policies.
- Manage and direct staff, set and communicate performance expectations, hire, train, coach, mentor, and retain competent staff.
- Prepare, review, and deliver financial reports and analysis for the properties in the portfolio, ensure oversight of mortgages, taxes, insurance premiums, etc.
- Oversee lease-up progress, marketing efforts, and new transactions through the stabilization period. Develop a written management plan for each property.
- Direct the design, development, and implementation of innovative workflow enhancements, build bench-strength, and cross-develop staff in workplace knowledge to support business continuation.
- Collect and utilize property management and operational data to analyze and inform the Executive Team regarding property performance, recommend adjustments to reach target occupancy, and other goals.
- Develop, monitor, and oversee complex and varied operational and capital budgets.
- Coordinate plans for year 15 tax credit properties.
- Collaborate with key staff in marketing properties, collaborate with the development team on new and rehabilitation projects.
- Communicate clearly and persuasively with leadership, employees, stakeholders, and regulators.
A Bachelor’s degree and progressively responsible experience in the public or private sector working in affordable housing development and financing, asset management, and property management.
Directly works with investors, hands-on lender relations and prepared reports, regulatory agency reporting, budgeting, and financial analysis and problem property workout.