Position is for CBG Commercial Real Estate Company. Office is located in the Melrose Family Fashions Building.
Nature and Scope: We are a successful, profitable and growing San Antonio-based commercial real estate company that owns and manages almost three million square feet of commercial property throughout the Southwest but primarily in Texas. The Company has been in business for more than 20 years and while the majority of our properties are multi-tenant retail developments we do plan to further diversify our portfolio over the next 5 years through acquisitions (e.g., office, medical, industrial, etc.)
The Company owns, develops, manages and leases its entire portfolio of properties with a small team of professionals. We are seeking an experienced real estate professional with experience managing commercial retail space and exposure to other asset classes. This individual will directly manage a portfolio of properties located throughout Texas and assist our Director of Operations on a variety of special projects. This person will oversee all property management functions and serve as the primary contact for tenant relations on their portfolio of properties. He or she will also assist in the analysis of our leasing program.
The right candidate will be a roll up her/his sleeves kind of person who will be on top of the day-to-day operations with minimal supervision. In addition to managing his/her portfolio the Property Manager will work with the Director of Operations to drive third party vendor performance, conduct site visits, establish standards and recommend/implement operational procedures.
The right candidate will possess the following personal and technical skills:
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage projects
- Negotiation skills
- High energy
- Interpreting financials
- Yardi and excel experience
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus but not a requirement
- Ability to interact with and present reports to Owners
- Ensure each property is operated and maintained in accordance with asset management plans, budgets, and standard operating procedures.
- Maintain favorable landlord / tenant relations.
- Help develop operating and capital budgets.
- Review monthly financials.
- Track, analyze, and report on portfolio/property performance metrics.
- Monitor construction and maintenance operations.
- Determine the urgency level of tenant work order requests and how to efficiently address (e.g., maintenance staff, third party vendor). Follow up to ensure work is properly completed.
- Evaluate activities of engineers, security, other vendors and seek to improve tenant services.
- Monitor tenant delinquencies and other accounts receivable and report to Senior Management.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of tenant lease agreements and requirements.
- Oversee tenant finish out and coordinate with Director of Operations on capital projects.
- Conduct regular property inspections and visit tenants periodically to demonstrate commitments to customer service.
- Implement, direct and complete special projects as assigned by Senior Management.
- 5+ years CRE experience
- College degree preferred; ideally with major in business or real estate.
- Hands-on experience with retail projects from 10,000 to 300,000 SF.
- Ability to travel regularly and work independently.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Bonus program based on accuracy of budgets, profitability of department and overall performance.
- Medical benefits including health, term life insurance, disability and AD&D. Company pays 75% + of the individual employee medical benefits.Family coverage available at employee expense.
- 401(k) plan with Company matching plan.
- Industry standard paid time off (PTO) based on years of service.