Richman Property Services, Inc. is currently seeking a community inspired, passion-driven, team-oriented Property Manager with a can-do attitude!
As one of the nation's top ten residential property owners, our mission is to ensure that our residents live in a quality apartment community they can be proud of. Our team accomplishes this by delivering optimal customer service and creating a safe and inviting home.
The Property Manager will work out of The Retreat at Merced. our new residential community under construction located in Merced, CA (95341)!
Housing: Two bedroom apartment available (not required to live on site)
The success of the company is dependent upon the satisfaction of our residents. Our devoted staff maintains direct involvement in managing each of our properties and tending to their needs.
SUMMARY: Responsible for managing the apartment community to achieve maximum pre-determined marketing and financial results. Implements Company policies in leasing, accounting, maintenance, resident relations and management reports. Hires, trains, supervise and motivate on-site personnel. Directly supervises the Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper or Assistant Manager, Leasing Consultant, Maintenance Staff, Housekeepers and Porters.
1. Meet Budget Objectives (Maximize Revenue)
- Collection of Budgeted Income
- Maximize gross rent
- Minimize vacant and delinquent rent loss
- Maximize miscellaneous income items
- Acting as petty cash custodian, dispensing of cash for validated receipts and voucher reimbursement preparation
2. Control Expenditures
- Plan, schedule and control expenditures in order to obtain products and services at minimum cost
- Review and approve purchase and payables
- Schedule and approve vendor services
- Pay property level bills in accordance with company policy and dates established by Property Accounting and forward cash disbursement journals to the Accounting Supervisor
- Prepare and maintain purchases, property repairs and capital improvement items on property improvement log and utility log
- Verify that invoices are paid in a timely manner and in accordance with budget constraints
- Update Resident deposit audit and post security deposits in a timely manner
- Perform Market and Product Analysis
- Suggest competitive prices to Regional Manager based on survey information in order to meet or exceed budget objectives.
- Generate traffic in the most cost-effective manner
- Supervise leasing of units; Engage directly in leasing activities
- Review market plans with compliance officer on monthly basis depending on occupancy standards
- Walk and sign-off each turned unit as "Market Ready"
4. Manage Employees
- Schedule work of on-site staff
- Train and develop subordinates (provide on-the-job training and schedule company training)
- Motivate by giving consistent feedback
- Conduct staff meetings weekly
- Conduct Performance Evaluations in accordance with scheduled review cycles
- Hire, coach, and terminate (when applicable) according to company guidelines and policies
- Administer disciplinary action when necessary and document accordingly with Human Resources
- Ensures compliance with Federal and State Regulations (e.g., EEOC and Workers' Compensation)
5. Resident Services
- Schedule maintenance in response to resident requests
- Respond to resident complaints
- Schedule resident social activities
- Provide resident communications
6. Administrative Services
- Ensure that Company Policies and Procedures are being followed correctly and consistently by on- site staff
- Ensure timely completion of forms and report
- Perform budgetary planning and preparation with each team member
- Supervise accounts payable and receivable
- Walk move-outs and process Final Account Statements (FAS)
- Maintain and/or schedule turnkey operations on all vacancies in order to maintain a minimum of two rental units of each unit type should be rent ready at all times. Also ensure that there is no more than three (3) to five (5) days taken to completely turn a unit
- Ensures timely completion and execution of re-certifications in compliance with all applicable regulations
7. Direct Community, Maintenance and Improvement
- Maintain Company standards on landscaping and curb appeal
- Conduct regular inspections of property and ensure routine maintenance
- Plan, schedule and supervise preventive maintenance programs
- Plan, schedule and supervise approved major maintenance and capital improvements
- Submit recommendations for unscheduled major maintenance
- Check move-outs and schedule apartments for turnkey
- Understand landlord and tenant legal consideration
- Review required reports from maintenance (CCTV, Freon Logs, etc.)
EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and college coursework or training in Property Management.
EXPERIENCE: Three to five years apartment industry with supervisory experience. Prior experience with managing communities including mid to high rise. Registered Apartment or CAM Manager also preferred.
SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook and Property Management software (e.g.OneSite)
-LIHTC experience preferred.
- Detail oriented with excellent communication, organizational and analytical/problem solving skills
- Ability to operate various types of office equipment, i.e., computers printers, copy machines, telephone systems, facsimile machines
- Familiarity with Fair Housing and Equal Employment guidelines; experience with marketing
- Reliable mode of transportation, should travel between properties as needed
- Knowledge of local and federal laws, bookkeeping, A\P, A\R, budgets, building maintenance and marketing strategies
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long and short-term disability, 401(k), and other numerous additional coverage options including pet insurance. In addition, we offer programs that employees can take advantage of such as student loan repayments, tuition reimbursement, and sabbatical leaves. Employees are also eligible for paid time off and vacation time and as you continue to grow with the company, you will earn more vacation time!
If you are looking for a rewarding career opportunity with one of the top Property Management organizations in the country, we'd like to hear from you!
Our history tells you how we started, our people tell you who we are. At Richman, you'll work alongside individuals that elevate and inspire you. We hire positive, professional people that take pride in the work they accomplish and the communities they spend their day-to-day.
When deciding who to hire, we seek individuals that exemplify Richman's core values of adaptability, initiative, customer service, safety, and integrity. Our people are prepared to adjust to new conditions, find strength in challenges, are passionate about providing outstanding experiences, prioritize safety and build trust through responsible actions and honest relationships.